Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to copy cell content without formula

In numbers, how do I copy and paste the cell content without transferring the underlying formula?

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2015 7:06 PM

julie1groth wrote:

In numbers, how do I copy and paste the cell content without transferring the underlying formula?

To copy, type command-c or choose Copy from the Edit menu, just as you normally would.

To paste the value without the formula click a destination and choose 'Paste Formula Results' from the Edit menu (or use the keyboard shortcut shown in this screenshot):

User uploaded file

SG

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2015 7:06 PM in response to julie1groth

julie1groth wrote:

To copy, type command-c or choose Copy from the Edit menu, just as you normally would.

To paste the value without the formula click a destination and choose 'Paste Formula Results' from the Edit menu (or use the keyboard shortcut shown in this screenshot):

User uploaded file

SG

Nov 23, 2017 4:43 PM in response to Caleb26

Hi Caleb,

You can't do this easily with a "pasted result." I you want the cell into which you 'pasted a result,' you need to replace the pasted result with the formula that created the 'original result' or with a direct link to the cell where the 'original result' is found.

example: Original result is in B2, calculated by the formula =TODAY()+2

The cell into which you wanted to 'paste the result' is C7. It can contain either of these tow formulas:

=TODAY()+2

=B2

Regards,

Barry

how to copy cell content without formula

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.