Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copying from CLipboard

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this already exists but I have searched and cannot find an answer to it.

Okay: I understand that in order to view your clipboard (iMac) that you click "Edit" on the Finder, and "show clipboard". I created a public link (Alias) and it has gone into my clipboard but, when I click on it, to copy and then paste into, for example, an email, I don´t have an option to do that. Therefore, I have to write the link down and then re-type it into the email.

Am I doing something totally wrong?

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 8:24 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2012 10:55 AM in response to Venturer

I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but I'll take a stab at it. I'm assuming your "public link (Alias)" is a web location file like this:

User uploaded file

And you want to put the link into an email or other doc.

Wherever you need to insert this link just drag/drop the file into place from the finder. Copy and Paste doesn't work (It copies the file name).

Apr 18, 2012 11:18 AM in response to Dansyacht

Ah OK. Now I understand thank you.

I thought you could open the clipboard and copy from that.

What I did was create an alias (it was an image actually ) and it went onto my desktop. So in order for me to share this image just drag it into an E-mail? I am using worml but the other person doesn't have a Mac so I have to create an alias and drop into the worml

I think I've got it but surely is just as easy typing a link in an E-mail or adding an attachment!

Thanks again.

Copying from CLipboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.