Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Listen to iTunes library on iPad

I would like to listen songs forum iTunes on my iPad. I enabled home sharing both on my computer and the iPad (settings). I can use remote. But i can not choose à different library in my IPod app. I am uiting an iPad 2 with iOS 5. With à nee iPad i can see the iTunes library. Wat could be the problem.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 9:13 AM

13 replies

Apr 18, 2012 3:36 PM in response to Pear01

Open iTunes on your pc.Connect ipad. click on device icon cursor at left to expand the content folder and select music to see whats on your pad. Now click the ipad icon again so that the summary page displays. navigate using the menu at the top of this page to the Music Tab. Select sync Music.

Select - Selected Albums and playlists. Tick the music you want to sync, then click sync button in bottom corner of screen.

On your iPads Hmepage locate and select the music App. Select a song and then tap the play button.

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad

Select your manual and when it displays, move your finger around at the top of the screen-a bar will appear with an option to download to iBooks, tap it so your manual is permanently on your device.

If you need further help in tailoring your sync experience then see here

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3884559?tstart=0

Gives a detailed look at how to tailor your music syncing experience.

Also you can dowload to your music App library direct by purchasing music on iTunes - purchased music is automatically added to your library. When finished open Music App, select your song and hit play.

The same is true for Movies, but use the Video App. Books, Tones, Podcasts, etc, just see the manual for details.

Apr 24, 2012 5:40 AM in response to Pear01

It worked, but after a while it didn't. It could not find the library in Remote, and i could not choose a library in the iPod app. When i reset everything it works again for a while, but it does not work fluently. And the network connection isn't down when it stops working. So that should not be the problem. What could be the problem?

Apr 24, 2012 11:04 AM in response to Pear01

Possibly interference. CAn you describe your current set up and where your devices are located in relation to each other. Also when you go into Settings wifi - how many networks are showing up in the list - sometimes adjacent networks can cause problems. You may need to change your wireless channel on your router. Let me know, then we can work through the possibles one by one - or it may turn out to be a combination of tings.

Can you confirm that your iPad3 is still stable all the time?

Regards, Ct

Apr 27, 2012 8:41 AM in response to Coppertiger

It worked for i while, so it should be possible.

I have tried different channels, but thad does not work.

i have already restarted everything. I can add a itunes library in Remote, but then it can not find it (so it pops up in itunes, and fill in the Remote code and it say's conected). But it just does not work.

The frustrating part is that i had it working for a while and did not change enything after that. But the connection just does not start up anymore.

Listen to iTunes library on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.