Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Will not open

Any help would be appreciated. Its getting rather frustrating, and I really don't want to reinstall windows just to get iTunes to work. I'm afraid it may come to that.

The Problem:

iTunes just will not open. When attempting to open, the itunes.exe process shows up in the task manager, then disappears. No error message at all. I can still open quicktime. Its been this way for about three weeks. I've tried completely removing and reinstalling. I've tried installing older versions. Nothing seems to work. I have a 64bit system, so I always make sure to use that version of iTunes. I've even tried running the 32bit with the same results. I don't think its related, but this seemed to happen right after I used my windows media center for the first time.

I've searched the boards and tried a few different suggestions, but have yet to have any luck. I do know I am not having this issue with any other programs. Everything opens as it should.

Here are the basic system specs, if you need more information I will gladly provide it!

Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1

Processor: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 Ghz

Installed Memory: 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 9:32 AM

6 replies

Apr 18, 2012 10:38 AM in response to dayslastserenade

Try following steps and test one at a time:

1. Restart computer, right mouse click iTunes icon and select "Run As Administrator"

2. If that does not work, check to see if this file APSDaemon.exe is the problem here.

Close your iTunes.

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del key and choose Task Manager. In the "Processes" Tab, select the file APSDaemon.exe and click End Prosses button, then close the task manager window.

Now open itunes and see if it is working?

If that works, to prevent having to do the same process everytime you restart Windows, go to. START button, type in

MSCONFIG

Hit ENTER

Click STARTUP Tab, Uncheck "Apple Push", click OK.

Restart Windows.

3. If that fails or you don't see ApsDaemon.exe in the Processes, refer to following article to remove SC files:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2363

4. If that fails, repair or reinstall your Quicktime. START / CONTROL PANEL / PROGRAMS N FEATURES / hightlight QUICKTIME and click REPAIR.

Apr 19, 2012 3:26 PM in response to wiclee

Hey thanks for the response. Unfortunately none of these solutions worked. Itunes still shows up in the task manager for about 3 seconds, and then disappears. Completely lost on my end. Any other ideas? I really want to be able to sync some more music to my iPad and iPod. And my pc is set up so I can watch all my iTunes movies on the tv. So right now its a bit depressing.

Nov 30, 2015 5:34 AM in response to sangwon1030

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

iTunes Will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.