Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloads: Date /Downloaded/ ?!

i asked this before and i think i didn't understand the answer i got.

is it possible to sort the Downloads folder by the date that i put the file on my Hard Drive?!

TIA

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 10:38 AM

Yes, add Date Created column to your view. View by one of the list views using the View menu -> As List. Control-mouse click the columns and check off Date Created. Then click on Date Created column header to sort by the date created.

9 replies

May 2, 2012 10:02 AM in response to X423424X

hi guys.

i am returning to this one a little late as i try and iron out some workflow issues.

in 99 44/100% of the time my DATE CREATED is the exact same as the DATE MODIFIED. this the issue i ran into before and it makes it impossible to sort by last downloaded since neither of these columns (actually it doesn't matter since both columns show the same date) actually shows /when/ i downloaded the file.

the date shown in here appears to always be effectively some kind of date created and neither ever have anything to do with when i downloaded.

this seems very inconvenient if you use your computer a lot.

thanks for any info.

perhaps this is for the mac wish/suggestion section?

Downloads: Date /Downloaded/ ?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.