Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Outlook add-in causes Outlook to hang for 30-120 seconds each time I enter the Calendar.

The iCloud add-in for Outlook seems to be causing some issues with my Outlook calendar: each time I go from the Mail tab to the Calendars tab, Outlook freezes for a minute or two and then resumes functioning.

The problem is definitely with the iCloud add-in itself: if I disable the add-in, my iCloud calendars still appear (but do not sync), and Outlook works fine. The freeze does not seem to happen the first time I go into Calendar after starting Outlook, but every subsequent time it does happen.

I am using Outlook 2010 (32-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit). I do not know and haven't been able to figure out how to tell if I'm running 32 or 64 bit Apple software on this computer.

I would appreciate any help, and particularly any thoughts on what the iCloud add-in is actually doing at the moment you go into Calendar view that might be causing problems. Does it sync at that time (and apparently in a poorly designed way)? Or is it just some rendering or other similar issue?

iCloud and Outlook-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 10:37 AM

5 replies

Apr 30, 2013 9:22 AM in response to colerc

The sync can be very long, nbut only when you sign in from the Control panel. Once you're in Outlook, I don't think you sync that much.

I have the same issue using my old PC. Maybe you should check your hard drive, your memory usage and CPU usage. I fixed it by a new laptop, last year. Usually, this is a sign that you're short on memory and you're using the Windows page system memory file. So, your CPU might come short, your hard drive might be too slow or you don't have enough memory.. Otherwise, your hard drive may be too slow and very fragmented, reqyuiing Windows to spin a lot and read bits of files stored everywhere. The solution would be to defragment your hard drive. or worse.. it's a slow hard drive or showing sign of fatigue.

I'll go with defragmenting the hard drive first, then, the CPU and memory bump.

Oct 1, 2013 3:39 AM in response to Rich-Tea

I also have the exact same issue: every time i switch to the calendar Outlook freezes. Sometimes a few seconds til up to a few minutes! CPU usage stays low. All other system function are working fluent so there is definetaly no hardware resource issue. This is consistent behaviour that occures only when opening the calendar. With the iCloud add-in disabled the calendar opens fast and without any problems.

iCloud Outlook add-in causes Outlook to hang for 30-120 seconds each time I enter the Calendar.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.