Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are deleted Faces gone forever?

While going through and identifying 1000's of faces in iPhoto, I deleted some by selecting the "X" in the upper left corner because they didn't fall into the criteria I had set for identifying people. This process seems to basically take these photos out of consideration when showing Faces.

Now that I'm done I would like to have them added back in so that I can go through them again and see who I missed but I don't see anyplace in iPhoto that you should be able to do this. Has anyone else tried to do this and had any luck or am I missing some simple menu item somewhere? It's hard to believe that Apple would create this in a way that you couldn't add the photos back in.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 3:15 PM

When you import photos, iPhoto automatically identifies faces. Around each face it finds is that square, and you can also add a face if it did not detect it. However, clicking the X tells iPhoto to ignore that face. If you want to identify those faces again, you will have to do it manually. Sorry 😟

3 replies

Jun 9, 2013 5:55 AM in response to MacDaddi

This could be incorrect, but I had the opposite problem. I clicked the 'X' in the corner of the face, while identifying faces, as I did not want it to be identified any longer, because in many cases of mine iPhoto put a box around something that looked a bit like, but was not actually a person (e.g. a painting of a face). So anyway, I clicked the 'X' box in each case, but every time I re-opened or had finished identifying faces on iPhoto these unwanted 'faces' reappeared.

Are deleted Faces gone forever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.