Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iChat can't communicate with Jabber account

MBP late 2009, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 5.0.3

In the past, I was able to connect to:

- Facebook chat

- MSN through Psi

- Google chat

Now all of a sudden, only the Google account works.

Paswords, ports, usernames ... are all ok. Amongst the suggested solutions, I flushed and changed DNS to 8.8.4.4 without luck, reset video ram, cleared caches, reinstalled Microsoft Messenger, disabled the firewall, used another ISP & router, etc. Note that using Adium or Microsoft Messenger does not help either. It is therefore, in my view, a general problem with messaging services (except Google) in OS X.

I found many similar cases on internet, some of which automatically disappeared after a while. I've had this in the past too, but it's suspicious that two such services are broken now (they are not on a windows computer). I found no solution yet after hours of Googling.

Any idea? If I need to find errors for troubleshootig, please instruct the steps, as I use a Mac out of illiteracy.

Thanks !

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 5:00 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2012 1:29 PM in response to Zevacu

Glad to hear you have a solution.

User uploaded file
9:29 PM Thursday; April 19, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.3)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

iChat can't communicate with Jabber account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.