2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 7:45 PM by KiltedTim
GranGran Level 1 (0 points)

I purschase an I Phone 4S from Verizon , bought my contract out ... where could I take it and get prepaid service with an contract.

iPhone 4S
  • roaminggnome Level 10 (95,062 points)

    Not sure that you can.


    The iphone is likely locked to Verizon.  You would have to ask them if they offer unlocking.

  • KiltedTim Level 9 (50,380 points)

    No. That phone will only work with Verizon. It is a CDMA phone and is not portable to any other network. There is no such thing as an unlocked CDMA iPhone. You can have the GSM side unlocked for international travel only. If you terminate your Verizon service, the phone will be shut down entirely.