Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose Bluetooth 2 (BT2) Pairing Issue with iOS 5.1

Users of the Bose BT2 headset will need to download and install firmware verison 1.05 to correct the pairing issue that effects the iPhone 4S (and possibly other models) that have been upgraded to iOS 5.1.

The firmware can be located on Bose's website at http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/bose_bluetooth_system_overview/page.h tml

Once the firmware is downloaded, installed and then the headset is repaired with your phone, the connection issue should be fixed.

Common symptons (as I have experienced) are:

1. headset will randomly unpair and then repair itself with the handset even during a call

2. headset may only be partially paired with the phone, allowing the headset controls to function but will require that actual conversations will need to be done via the phone

3. Headset will periodically lose connectivity with the handset requiring that the headset be shut off then back on again

Apparently Blutooth upgrades in iOS 5.1 (support for v 3.0 +) causes problems with firmware 1.03 or older.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, Bluetooth Pairing and Connection

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 9:53 AM

Had to contact Bose to replace the headset under warranty because Bose & Apple could not determine what the problem was.

The replacement unit has worked flawlessly, but in the past week I am seeing signs of the same problem starting up again and will have to monitor it carefully and see if Bose has another firmware update available that may resolve this issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2012 9:53 AM in response to sarusan68

Had to contact Bose to replace the headset under warranty because Bose & Apple could not determine what the problem was.

The replacement unit has worked flawlessly, but in the past week I am seeing signs of the same problem starting up again and will have to monitor it carefully and see if Bose has another firmware update available that may resolve this issue.

Bose Bluetooth 2 (BT2) Pairing Issue with iOS 5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.