Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Code 553-'5.3.0

How can I fix an error code 553-'5.3.0?

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 10:48 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2012 12:02 AM in response to X423424X

Sorry, I'm new to this. It's the first time I've ever joined a community. I've just started in a new job and on a mac for the first time. There's not much in the way of IT support and I've used a PC for the past 15 years in a big organisaiton with plenty of support for IT dummies! So.... When I send an email to an address that I know is correct, I frequently get a Delivery Notification Failure from <MAILER-DAEMON@internode.on.net>

It says there's no such address as the address i sent it from, ie my own email address. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens often enough to be really frustrating.

It says

Action: failed

Remote-MTA:dns[216.218.210.213]

Diagnostic-Code:smpl;5.1.0 unknown address error 553-'5.3.0 <my email address>... No such user

I don't know if this info helps - apologies if it doesnt.

Thanks

PS I don't know how to take a screen shot!

Apr 19, 2012 12:33 AM in response to lindafromnsw

Welcome to the forums.

Is this happening with Mail.app? If so open the Connection Doctor (Mail's Window menu) and clcik the Sow Detail button to trace what is happening when you send (or receive) a mail message.

Some reasearch tells me there may be something wrong with your SMTP server (your ISP's) and/or there is a sytax error in an email address (not sure if it is yours or the receiver's).

Google "os x unknown address error 553-5.3.0 no such user" for possible ideas on this.

Error Code 553-'5.3.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.