Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto corrupting photos from iPhone?

Some others have mentioned similar problems: anyone find a good solution?

Running iphoto 08, when uploading photos from iphone 4s about 1 in 4 get corrupted: lines or washed out colors and many videos fail to import.

It seems hit or miss: does not always happen.

Is Apple aware of this?

Getting sort of old.

What is a better program than iphoto?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 11:07 PM

5 replies

Jul 8, 2013 12:51 AM in response to dougiedd

Just for your information, same problem exists with iphone 3GS, on MacBook Air 2008 (first model) running Lion (the latest available software for this 'abandoned' mac - and iphoto '08). Trying today once again, first import resulted in 4 'unreadable' files (and the file with filename succeeding the unreadable file had corrupted data). Second attempt of importing (after having deleted the photos from previous imports) resulted in about 100 unreadable files (I didn't check how many of the successfully imported files were corrupted this time). On my PC, files transferred without a problem, and using a flash drive I imported them to iphoto without any problems at all. To me, clearly a problem with data transfer from iPhone to iphoto/MAC.

iphoto corrupting photos from iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.