Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

compressord will not stop running

Just today whenever I open fcp 7 the fans rev up and my CPU activity jumps to 50%-70% due to a process called "compressord." Here's what I've tried:

- Quit process. Nothing

- forcequit process. Nope

- quit fcp 7 and quit/forcequit. Neither.

- open compressor, clear history.

- Forcequit again.

- Logout of user.

- Reboot machine. <---- successBUT:

Upon starting final cut pro 7 again, the process returns. Same system of elimination yeilds same results. Only a reboot.

I went through the activity history of the process and, while I don't know code, I did recognize a compressor batch process that I began about 2 weeks ago. I remember the process completed and nothing was strange then. Also today is not the first time I had opened final cut since this batch process had been submitted.

PS - another culprit just hit my radar while typing this: qmasterqd

What is going on? I really do not want to reinstall the entire studio because of this.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 12:10 AM

Wow...I solved it! already! I never solve my own posts. Woopi!

Solution: RESET BACKGROUND PROCESS IN COMPRESSOR. I was reading a forum located here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/525920

The post that offered the solution I needed was this:

Hey Alex ... I just tried this few minutes ago and so far i havent seen the not responding in the Activity Monitor yet. Try and Reset Backround Processing in Compresser from the menu. I think this should solve your problem, At least it did for me, At the moment 🙂

MacBookPro 2.0, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 15.4" Display - 2 Gig Ram

I hope some poor soul who encounters this problem in the future reads this and saves themselves some trouble.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2012 12:10 AM in response to samuel86

Wow...I solved it! already! I never solve my own posts. Woopi!

Solution: RESET BACKGROUND PROCESS IN COMPRESSOR. I was reading a forum located here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/525920

The post that offered the solution I needed was this:

Hey Alex ... I just tried this few minutes ago and so far i havent seen the not responding in the Activity Monitor yet. Try and Reset Backround Processing in Compresser from the menu. I think this should solve your problem, At least it did for me, At the moment 🙂

MacBookPro 2.0, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 15.4" Display - 2 Gig Ram

I hope some poor soul who encounters this problem in the future reads this and saves themselves some trouble.

compressord will not stop running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.