Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can't I click any of youtube's playback controls when zoomed in, in safari?

I recently upgraded to Lion and one of the minor improvements is to the zoom functionality. Previously when zooming in on a section of a webpage using my trackpad the screen would 'jump' to a more enlarged view of the page, each succesive use of the pinch to zoom gesture would jump to a greater degree of magnificaiton. Now the gesture is the same but the result is a more streamlined and continuous zooming functionality which zooms to a greater or lesser extent dependent on the distance which my fingers have parted from one another and the speed at which they do so.

This is all fine except that now, when zoomed in, I am unable to use youtube's playback controls, I can't play/pause, scrub through the timeline, adjust resolution or anything through youtube's flash interface. The video continues to play, but I lose all interactivity unless I zoom out. I find this annoying for several reasons not least because I will often zoom in on a video as a means of quickly enlarging it without having to adjust the resolution setting or click the 'enlarge screen' or 'full screen' buttons. It also means that if I don't mind the quality loss, I can enlarge a video but not have to wait for the process of reloading it and at a higher and therefore more bandwidth heavy resolution.

I'm not sure what else besides youtube is affected by this but I assume it must at least apply to other flash content. Is there anyhting that can be done about it? Safari under Snow Leopard seemed capable of zooming in without affecting the interaction between cursor and flash.

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 3:15 AM

There are no replies.

What can't I click any of youtube's playback controls when zoomed in, in safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.