Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i loaded my computer this morning, the setting were all screwed up.

I turned on my mini, and it loaded as normal, but the date and time we're set to receive 12, 2000. Ny Internet was not connecting, apparently I need to redo it. There are a bunch of things asking for permission to accept incoming network connections (nfsd, named, nmbd, portmap, mDNSResponder) I don't even know what these are. Should I allow permissions? I am hoping that is all that is wrong, at least that is all I have noticed. Do you think I have a virus? Or is this just a glitch with the update from yesterday? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 9:58 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2012 10:19 AM in response to DHD_03

Reboot in Safe Mode by holding down the Shift key until you see the Apple grey backdrop with a spinning cogwheel and progress bar (be patient, it takes a long time), log in, wait until you reach a fully operable Desktop, then reboot normally. This alone might solve your issues.

If it doesn't, and provided you have access to the Internet at all, download and install AppleJack (here), then reboot in Single User mode by holding down the Command/Apple and S keys on startup. A black screen with white lettering will appear; after the prompt (dollar sign), just type "applejack AUTO restart" without the quotes, then let AppleJack do its job. You must have some corrupted system files somewhere.

when i loaded my computer this morning, the setting were all screwed up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.