Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam creation is not working 10.0.4

Whenever I try to create a multicam clip with 10.0.4, it does not work. I mean it gives me one angle, in the angle view, and the other angle(s) are blank, no video in them. I tried creating a multicam clip in an older project, 10.0.3 and it worked. That video and audio was inported in before 10.0.4.

The clips which I'm attempting to create the multicam clip from where imported from a Sony Z1U tape. All appears fine but no multicam clip is created. Whenever I drag the supposed multicam clip to the timeline, it shows the first angle/clip and then some black and then the 2nd angle/clip.

Really strange behavior and unfortunately the video I'm trying to create the multicam clip from I just import/captured in under 10.0.4. Not sure what's happening, any assistance would be greately appreciated.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 11:01 AM

7 replies

Apr 19, 2012 12:41 PM in response to JackSchwartz

Yes, I have an interview that I've captured, 30 minutes in length... and one clip starts at 0:00 and other starts about 0:00:10:25. Once I create the multicam clip only one view shows up in the muticam viewer. I don't see the other clip(s) in any of the other places in the multicam viewer. I expect to see 2 clips one from the front and one from the side, but there's only one clip... the front shot. I know that I'm looking at parts of the clips where there is two angles, but for whatever reason they're both not being displayed in the multicam viewer...

Thanks for your quick response, any other suggestions?

Apr 19, 2012 7:44 PM in response to andynick

Here's what I discovered as I thought more about this and tried a few things...

I noticed that the two clips that I was attempting to turn into a multicam clip where both captured clips from minidv tapes... One having been recorded with a Sony Z7u and the other minidv tape recorded on a Sony PD170.

I also had a recording of the interview on a compact flash card. This compact flash recorder attaches to the back of the Z7u. After copying the files into the computer and then importing them into final cut I finally... created a muticam clip using the file from the compact flash card and one of the captured tape files.

However anytime I tried to create a multicam clip with the two captured tape files I would not get the expected results! One clip first then some black and then the other clip. I noticed, I believe in the event browser that the captured tape files both said Sony DV-DVR in the bottom of the multicam viewer window... As I would try different ways of seleting the clips and turmning them into a multicam clip, this would be the one consistent that seemed to come up...

Could it be that Final Vut thinks the two captured tape files are the same tape/angle or do I need to do something further to make this work?

Here are the steps I took to recreate this issue:

1. Captured video footage recorded on a Sony PD170. Did the same for the recorded footage on a Sony z7u

2. In event browser, two files... Selected both, right click/ control click and selected multicam clip

3. Left everything on auto and checked box next to use audio for synchronization.

Expect to see two clips in the multi angle viewer... Never happens, only see the first clip and then black for all the other viewer windows.

Apr 20, 2012 2:24 AM in response to wedgmedia

You should follow andynick's indication about "Camera Angle".

Before you create the multicam clip, do the following: for each clip, open the Inspector, make sure it is in "Extended View" (selectable at the bottom left of the Inspector pane). Enter an appropriate name in the "Camera Angle" box. It can be anything, preferably meaningful, so as to distinguish the two angles - say, "left" and "front" will do.

Multicam creation is not working 10.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.