Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my Smart Playlist from iTunes to my iPhone?

I can't seem to work out how to sync my Smart Playlists from iTunes to my iPhone and I don't particularly want to have to create new playlists every time I download music to have a Recently Added playlist that syncs to my iPhone. Very frustrating seen as the playlists iTunes changed to Smart Playlists have been the playlists I have relied on for years! Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 2:49 PM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2012 3:35 PM in response to ameliadixon

With iTunes Match enabled on an iOS device direct syncing of music via USB or Wi Fi is disabled. All music management takes place directly on the iDevice. All supported playlists are uploaded to the cloud and are available on your iDevice in the "Playlists" section."

Some criteria for Smart Playlists that are not supported are any Playlists that reference other playlists, comments, Checked. You may need to experiement a little with the smart playlists to get them just the way you want them in iOS.

How do I sync my Smart Playlist from iTunes to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.