Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

synced photos are duplicated on phone

When I try to sync photo to my iPhone 3GS and choose a labeled folder, there are duplicate sets of photos in my phone - one marked photo library and one marked as the one I chose from my pictures.

iPhone 3GS, Windows XP

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 5:48 PM

This is completely correct. Nothing is wrong. There are no duplicates. This is how iphone handles photos.

ALL synced photos can be accessed from the Photo Library. Those exact same photos ( not duplicates) can be accessed via the folders as well.

Just as a book can be in the public library and in the fiction section, a photo can be in the photo library and in your folder. There is only one book and one photo.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2012 5:48 PM in response to 737648KEJDMM

This is completely correct. Nothing is wrong. There are no duplicates. This is how iphone handles photos.

ALL synced photos can be accessed from the Photo Library. Those exact same photos ( not duplicates) can be accessed via the folders as well.

Just as a book can be in the public library and in the fiction section, a photo can be in the photo library and in your folder. There is only one book and one photo.

synced photos are duplicated on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.