Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i turn off the background beat when recording in logic pro?

When im trying to record in logic pro.... there is a backdrop beat almost like a metronome and i want to turn it off when im listening to what ive produced and when im recording.....any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Logic Pro

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 6:30 PM

Answer's in the manual. Or, you can use the help menu. Good luck.

BTW, just out of curiosity, I was wondering why are you working with Logic Pro? Why did you decide to buy it to do your audio production?

23 replies

Jun 16, 2015 9:42 AM in response to holtgal

This is an interesting thread.

• Logic user asks a simple question that can be easily found by looking in the manual.
  • Experienced Logic user point out that this is a simple question that can be easily found.
  • Other experienced Logic users point out the issues in general about those simple questions that can be easily found in the manual.
  • Other Logic users call those experienced Logic users names for pointing out that this is a simple question that can be easily found ...

But seriously:

I recommend to everybody to click on the link in Pancenter's post, where he explains the main problem of teaching/learning nowadays. The funny thing is that the answers that are provided here demonstrate exactly what Pancenter is talking about. Looking for an isolated quick fix of a "problem" without investing their own time to a) look up the solution in the manual, or b) read up and trying to understand the bigger picture.

The "quick fix" answers given here are like, "click on the Metronome button to turn it off". However, the understanding that is required in the context of the Metronome goes a little bit deeper. You have to know that the click during playback and the click during recording are two independent clicks that can be turned on/off independently. You can add the Count-In option for even more options. Or check out the "Simple Mode", what it does and how it can simplify the (sometimes) too many options (in case you are on LPX)

• Once you understand the underlying options that are available, then you can look up the different ways to enable/disable those options and choose the ones that fit your workflow.
  • Once you went through all those steps, experiment and practice them a little bit, then you will have a much better understanding than those quick fixes like "what do I do ... click here ... got it, thanks"

Here is an expert from my manual "Logic Pro X - How wit Works" where I discuss the Metronome feature. This is the awareness and understanding of a topic 'm talking bout. As you can see, there is a bit more to it than just clicking the Metronome button.

User uploaded file

BTW

If uncle fab mentions that "For 10 years I lived with this problem!", then he applies that there is a problem with the metronome, where the only problem is that he skipped the section about the metronome when he read the manual.

Sep 11, 2015 10:22 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Edgar. No one cares how you feel about "learning these days". After Googling and having the same question, it was nice to have people who weren't jaded on this forum. My advice: pack it up and stay off of threads that are designed to help learning folks old man river. And realize that uncle fab is one of you.

Thank you Deanfrazier for the screenshot. That was very helpful.

Sep 12, 2015 9:27 AM in response to Mathewsssss

Actually, I care about how Edgar feels about learning. Because he feels the way he does he has provided both myself and countless other users amazingly accurate solutions and explanations of problems/issues and bugs.

And he is able to do this because of the way he feels about learning. So please, speak for yourself and say you don't care but that's not true across the board.

Sep 12, 2015 9:40 AM in response to octopi

No, teaching can be done without spending half your post referencing "learning these day" and the other half excessively explaining different metronome options. The questions was, "hey I have a click and I want it gone" not " thoroughly explain the metronome to me and while you're at it I'd love to hear how this is a stupid question.

His was the longest post, maybe the lesser of the degrading ones on here, but actually there were two to the point responses that were much more helpful.

Sep 12, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Mathewsssss

The problem is.. if you don't teach someone why and how.... then they don't actually learn for themselves.... when the next problem comes along.

Instead they carry on needing a lot of 'hand holding' to resolve issues because they didn't actually learn anything but instead just blindly followed a set of instructions with no comprehension of the 'whys and hows'.

"Give a man a fish and they will eat for a day...... Teach a man how to fish and they can eat for a lifetime..."

In terms of this forum. and the load placed on the regular other users here to try and help everyone.......... however....

"Give a man a fish and they will eat for a day... Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for an entire weekend!"

🙂

how do i turn off the background beat when recording in logic pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.