Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard Mail 4.5 cannot connect to iCloud e-mail

As of an hour ago, the official word that I received from MobileMe support is that iCloud e-mail cannot be accessed from Mail 4.5 / OS 10.6.

I've followed the instructions from Apple (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864) as well as Wilmut (http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmail.html) to no avail.

Even tried many other variations to no effect.

Does anyone have a known solution?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Selected excerpts from my Chat with Apple support:

Chat Support

10:17 p.m. on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Duration: 00:25:25

Customer [10:26 p.m.]:

I'm not interested in making full use of iCloud's capabilities from my Mac at this time. I just want to be

able to access my e-mail account from my Mac and not be forced to relay on the web or phone to do so.

Advisor [10:27 p.m.]:

Yes I realize this and even for mail you need Lion.

Customer [10:29 p.m.]:

From Apple's own kb - Note: If you are using Mail on a Mac (OS X v10.7.2 or later), the Mail app on an iOS

device (iOS 5.0.1 or later), or Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2010 on a Windows PC, follow these instructions

for automated iCloud Mail setup. If you are not using one of these email clients, you can use the

information below to set up your iCloud Mail account manually.

Advisor [10:30 p.m.]:

Yes that no longer works as you can see.

Customer [10:30 p.m.]:

Then why is that information still up on the web?

Customer [10:33 p.m.]:

kb says - Last Modified: March 15, 2012

Advisor [10:33 p.m.]:

I can not answer why it has not been removed but I can make our engineers aware of this.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 9:50 PM

There are no replies.

Snow Leopard Mail 4.5 cannot connect to iCloud e-mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.