Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final cut pro X , Importing AVCHD 50P

Has anyone worked out how to import AVCHD50p losslessly ?

I have neen using media converter. It does the job , but certainly not lossless.

Mac Book Pro

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 9:18 AM

The current version should import this media without problem.

8 replies

Apr 20, 2012 10:57 AM in response to ruddyman

I have to desagree on this. FCPX cannot work with AVCHD files (.mts, .m2ts) directly. So FCPX is doing some sort of conversion during import.

I doubt that there is a conversion tool out there that can output better than an original. And only the original is truly equal with the ... original.

Than the only option left is that the converted files are somehow worst than the originals, depending on settings and viewer ability to distinguish the differences.

You will have to work with a software which do not convert but use the original files to get truly lossless.

Apr 20, 2012 1:22 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Final Cut Pro 7 - Apple's own website:

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/professionalformatsandworkflows/#c hapter=6%26section=2%26hash=apple_ref:doc:uid:TempBookID-ReplacedWhenAssociating WithMessierRevision-AVC-1041284

AVCHD footage is not captured natively but is transcoded to an Apple ProRes codec or the Apple Intermediate Codec. You can choose the destination codec in the Log and Transfer window preferences. For more information, see Choosing an AVCHD Destination Codec.

However, I cannot find similar info in FCP - X documentation. But why re-wrapping if it could work with originals?

Final cut pro X , Importing AVCHD 50P

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.