Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro RAID continually initializing after readding a drive that had fallen out of the RIAD Set

One day I booted up my Mac Pro for it to hit the Apple logo, Gear, and then show a progress bar really quick before shutting down on its own. I entered the Lion Recovery and took a look at the RAID utility. One of the drives had fallen out of the RAID.

I select the proper drive, made it a spare and readded it to the RAID set. The set is made up of 4 2TB WD drives and is 85% full. The adding of the drive to the set took over 24hrs. Now it is stating that it is initializing the RAID set. I place a sticky on the screen where the progress bar was when I left for the day. I came back into the office this morning and it hadn't moved at all.

Figuring the intialization had locked up I closed the RAID utility and restarted, after giving it a chance to just boot into the OS it shut off again like before. I then entered Lion recovery again and went in to the RAID utility. After about 10 mins it started the initialization again. This time the progress bar moved along to about half rather quickly and has continued moving but very slowly. Just like it did before.

Am I missing something?

Thank you

-J

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 7:25 AM

There are no replies.

Mac Pro RAID continually initializing after readding a drive that had fallen out of the RIAD Set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.