Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Backup

hey I've got a new iPod and I wanted to pull out my old backup, but iTunes has made a backup of my new iPod and now my real backup disappeared! Is there a way to rediscover the old backup ?

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 8:29 AM

The old backup now long appears in iTunes -> Preferences -> Devices under backups? Have you tried browsing out to the backups folder on your Mac to see if it is still listed there? The backup is listed at:

Mac:~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

If not, I'm afraid you are out of luck unless you have a Time Machine backup from before the new backup from the new iPod was made.

B-rock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2012 8:29 AM in response to xRaaBx

The old backup now long appears in iTunes -> Preferences -> Devices under backups? Have you tried browsing out to the backups folder on your Mac to see if it is still listed there? The backup is listed at:

Mac:~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

If not, I'm afraid you are out of luck unless you have a Time Machine backup from before the new backup from the new iPod was made.

B-rock

iPod Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.