Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto not syncing all photos

Hi all, got a MacBook Pro from end of 2011 and an iPad from a few months earlier. Every program on my Mac, iPad and iPhone updated. Suddenly, at least I think so, syncing my albums in iPhoto isn't working properly any more, some albums don't sync!? Any more out there experiencing the same issue? Example, pictures taken last week (with iPhone 4S) and sorted in different albums (copy from Photo stream), one album is syncing and not the other one, I'm going mad! This is only one example, some older albums doesn't sync as well and I have no clue why, HELP!

Br

Roger

Sweden

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iPad, iPhone

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 11:27 AM

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for the iPod Photo Cache.

Trash it. Start iPhoto and try sync again.

Regards

TD

5 replies

Jul 23, 2012 5:09 PM in response to raggar68

I'm bumping this thread as I'm having the same problem.

I recently bought an iMac .. Restored from Time Machine of previous Macbook, and everything was fine.

I have been recently having some problems with sort order on the iPhone.. All events & albums are fine; organised correctly and sorted by date. But the 'Photo Library' album, the one with every single photo in one big album, is in some unarbitrary sort order. So I had wondered why this was.

I googled it, searched support communities, and even called AppleCare.. In the end someone suggested using both iPhoto & Aperture which I proceeded to do (to allow me to use the Aperture 'Manual sort order' feature).. This didn't work as iTunes had some problem with preview sharing with Aperture & in the end I just shut that door for now.

So I then proceeded to resync my iPhone with my iPhoto library, and now I'm getting that error message on the screen of my iPhone saying, in my case', 1500 or so items could not be synced. I followed insructions & checked iTunes for more information, but none was forthcoming.

So I have been looking around for some fix to this problem! (Woe is me!) And so I stumbled across this thread, I tried trashing the iPod Photo Cache and nothing has seemingly happened.

Does anyone have a further step to take?

Jul 1, 2015 1:56 PM in response to raggar68

Hi all,

i have a MacBook and iPhone 6. Take some photos on my iPhone and also on my actual camera. Wanted to merge the photos into one album. I did this on Photos on my Mac. Worked fine and I even renamed the photos.

Problem is that only one of the photos is going over to my iPhone. The rest do not transfer even though they are visible on my Mac.

i Have tried deleted both my photos cache and my iPhotos cache and it's not worked.

Please help. My OCD is going crazy!!!

iphoto not syncing all photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.