Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail don't save iCloud password

Hi,

why everytime I open mail or may MBP wake up, I need to type mail iCloud mail password?

I've already deleted the email account at mail settings and re-created it, but it didn't work either.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 9:05 AM

You should not be creating the account in Mail settings. iCloud is server based and does not use a regular password for login.

Open the iCloud icon in system preferences. Sign out of iCloud. Go back to Mail's preferences. If you still have an iCloud account in the list, delete it. Sign back into iCloud and the account will be created for you in Mail.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2012 9:05 AM in response to RBAM

You should not be creating the account in Mail settings. iCloud is server based and does not use a regular password for login.

Open the iCloud icon in system preferences. Sign out of iCloud. Go back to Mail's preferences. If you still have an iCloud account in the list, delete it. Sign back into iCloud and the account will be created for you in Mail.

Jan 7, 2014 7:27 AM in response to RBAM

This from another thread:

So I found this and it works:

Open the Mail app. Go to Preferences. Click on the Accounts tab, and then the Advanced tab.

Look for the Authentication box. If you're having this problem, it will be set to "Password." Click on the box and select "Apple Token."

Apple uses Tokens as a secure way to access iCloud services without having to use your password, by providing your username and password to the app over an encrypted SSL connection.

mail don't save iCloud password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.