Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your request couldn’t be processed. We’re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later

Please, help to solve a problem. Sent me that unblocked the iPhone, checked on imei.info, there is a status - is unblocked.

Everything made according to the instruction, but he doesn't want to be activated. All the time writes "Your request couldn’t be processed.

We’re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later."

Tried already from the 3rd computers, through wi-fi, several times it was anew restored, different sim cards. The friend from America called in at&t, say that unblocked....

Already all Internet rummaged, at several people such was, but the decision didn't find.

At least who has what thoughts?

In advance MANY thanks

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 8:50 AM

12 replies

Jun 3, 2012 11:11 PM in response to denis921

Hey there!

Wanted to do some follow up on this issue. I have the same issue you are having and I tried requesting the phone to be unlocked again on AT&T thinking that would solve my problem. However, nothing changed. I ended up calling Apple and I was told to call AT&T which was a total failure. I had to end up calling Apple again. At this point only was I able to find someone who was willing to do something for me. It seems this is a major issue and it's pretty difficult to get solved.

They had to transfer me to a Senior Advisor who after listening to my explanation concluded that this had to be forwarded to the Engineering Department and for this he had to create a ticket and do some folllow-up. That was last tuesday I spoke to him. Ever since that conversation he has called me two or three times asking for additional information (ICCID of the SIM Card being used to activate the phone, carrier with which I wanna use the phone with, etc). He told me I should hear back from him again tomorrow hopefully with a final response from the Engineering Dept. and a solution to this crazy issue. The name of the Senior Advisor in charge of my case is Richard, if that helps at all.

If you haven't taken these steps yet, I'd recommend you to be reeeeeaaallly patient as it takes some time (4 hours in the phone for me) for you to get them to pay attention to you. They might tell you to call AT&T and to speak to them but in my case that was just a huge frustration cause I wasn't an AT&T customer and this phone was bought used. They told me literally "WE HAVE NO WAY TO HELP YOU". So, just avoid the hassle. If the Apple advisor wants you to speak to AT&T ask him to transfer you, have him explain the problem to AT&T's unlock department (they are the only ones who get access to this people) and ask him to please stay with you throughout the conversation. At AT&T they might ask for the case ID with which the phone's unlock was requested, so have that ready in case is needed. Once the Apple advisor confirms that the phone has been unlocked he will take it from there.

That's the only way I got some help... and even like that I don't even know what will end up happening. I will let you know.. Let me hear on how are things going on your side or if you found a solution to this.

Jun 7, 2012 2:56 PM in response to simonfromtom

Turns out they were able to solve my issue at Apple after waiting for a whole week. I plugged the phone just to test it and this time it went through with the activation. After a couple hours I got a call back from Richard telling me that the Engineering Department got back to him and told him to ask me to try to activate the phone again. I had done it previously so, I was just pretty much thanking him for the follow up. I asked him if he had any idea of what happened but he said that he didn't get an explanation by the Engineering team about what happened, they just told him to tell me to plug the phone to itunes.

Whoever is having this issue out there just be patient. I tried to be as thorough as possible so that you know the steps that are necessary for you to get this issue fixed. This is a problem that Apple and only Apple can solve. Don't let anybody send you to AT&T to waste your time. Make sure to have your rep transfer you to a Senior Advisor and ask him to have him create a ticket to have the phone's IMEI checked by the Engineering Dept. since they are the ones who administer the Activations Servers. Be patient and be ready to answer a lot of questions and wait a very very long time (3 hours in the phone, 3 follow up calls and 7 days).

Hope this helps !!

Jun 7, 2012 8:32 PM in response to Ekimalito

wow! that sounds promising even if that took a little time and patient from your side. but here is what I have:

- I live in the country where Apple is not officially presented (Russia)

- When I call to US support, they offer to purchase pay-per-incident support for $29, it's not a problem but I need to be sure that this will help me and I will not pay each time when call them with my problem. - the support

representative didn't confirm that.

do you think it's possible to contact some of their tech adviser directly? Maybe you know any way how could I contact Richard?

Thanks,

Simon

Jun 7, 2012 8:43 PM in response to simonfromtom

Ok, so as far as I'm concerned you pay per incident whenever you need phone support for something that you don't know how to do. Let's say you need them to help you through setting up your phone or having it restored, etc. However, when you have a situation like this, there's clearly a problem that came up that's not your responsibility. This is an error on Apple's side. You don't need to pay for them to solve their own mistakes. So, just be clear on the fact that you know this is not a software issue when you talk to them. In my case my phone had around 40 days left worth of warranty, but I honestly don't think you need to pay.

Try and tell them that you've restored the phone many times and you keep getting the message. Tell them you read on this forums how the problem was solved and that you need to speak to a Senior Advisor since this is a MAJOR issue. Also tell them that you attempted to activate the phone with a sim card from the original carrier and it wouldn't go through and that you are unable to use the phone as it is now and that you need some help.

It takes some time to get Apple to pay attention to you. They always think you have a dumb issue that can be solved restoring the phone. I spoke to two different senior advisors before I got Richard. They all told me to call AT&T and blah blah blah. Just hold your story and ask them to create a ticket to have this checked even if you have to wait for a call back or whatever. Tell them you are willing to wait and you'll eventually get it fixed.

Your request couldn’t be processed. We’re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.