Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2010 Outlook Syncing one way only (Out)

Outlook 2010, Windows 7, iCloud, iPhone and iPad

Contacts and Calendar events addded to Outlook all land on iDevices.

Contacts and Calendar events added on iDevices lands on all iDevices but not Outlook

Outlook seems to be a one way street. Is this "normal"?

What is stopping the flow from iWorld to Outlook?

Windows 7, Outlook 2010 using iCloud

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 9:28 AM

15 replies

Apr 20, 2012 5:07 PM in response to Csound1

Yes, I believe that I am. As mentioned, everything goes out to same folders etc on all iDevices. But iDevices cannot go in to Outlook. I have both Contact folders and Calendars and nothing gets back to any. I suspect either the iCloud Refresh does nothing or Firewall issue although I have tried with it off with no change.

Thanks, though.

Jul 8, 2012 5:54 PM in response to Vicky464

I am having the same problem with my wife's PC and iCloud (contacts and calendar). I have been able to isolate it to between iCloud (as viewed on the web) and Outlook.

Add something to Outlook, it shows up on iCloud.

Add something to iCloud, get nada on Outlook, even after repeated use of the "Refresh" button added by iCloud to Outlook.

I think I have to be looking at the right calendar in Outlook, because things are making their way to iCloud, thought not from it.

Is it possible Windows or my router firewall is in the way? I would assume all connections are initiated from the PC so the firewalls should not come into play.

I have seen a couple of posts about this problem but not solutions so please, if someone has solved this, let me know. Probably going to open a case with Apple. Not sure what else to do.

Jul 11, 2012 3:55 AM in response to burnslake

I had the identical problem

[iPhone-iCloud-Outlook] didn't work, only into the Cloud, while [Outlook-iCloud-iPhone] worked perfectly. the refresh button never changed anything.

just now I tried to "fix" instead of "uninstall" the iCloud software from my PC and it asked me then to sort of set up the iCloud anew. Despite duplicates (of entire calendars, not calendar entries) which I now deleted with a single mouse click, everything worked perfectly.

it's a bit weird that this simple solution did it for me after hours of reading through all the forums. maybe the iCloud software was renewed without letting us know we needed to update it.

Jul 11, 2012 6:57 AM in response to Kelaukio

Kelaukio - how did you "fix" iCloud on your PC? Please tell me - I am desperate for help!! My Outlook contacts are now syncing with the iCloud but an old version of my calendar (about 6-8 weeks back) is there and it isn't syncing with the iCloud.

I would love to know if you could please - tell me what you did to fix it? Thank so much in advance! ElizaJane

Jul 11, 2012 10:41 AM in response to ElizaJane2323

Hi ElizaJane

as I described my problem was that Outlook would not take anything in its Calendar from the iCloud whereas the opposite (from outlook vial iCloud to iPhone worked), so I'm not sure if you are having exactly the same problem.

I also am a bit surprised that my simple solution fixed it, as I have read through many forums and saw that other are having the same problem without solutions, and I simply can't imagine nobody has tried what I did, so it might just as well be a lucky thing for me.

having said that what i did was going to the WINDOWS SYSTEM CONTROL and to the option where you de-install software. upon finding the iCloud Software there, which i had installe somtime in March or so i clicked the CHANGE option and then was asked to either FIX it or DEINSTALL it. I chose FIX and what it did was a REINSTALL of the software, I assume with a newer version of iCloud.

I had to do the same things and settings as I had when I installed the iCloud for the first time back in March, but it was a quick thing to do. the only thing was that I had some calendar duplicates then, but I just left-clicked them to see if they were indeed duplicates or even empty ones and then right-clicked on them and deleted them.

Yeah, after that everything worked both ways again, indeed much faster than before, an entry made on my iPhone shows already after about 5 seconds now on Outlook

Hope this works for you too!

greets,

Jul 12, 2012 8:21 PM in response to Kelaukio

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond - I greatly appreciate it! I am having someone come to work on my computer/Apple products tomorrow, and will show your fix to him. I'm out of my league here (unfortunately, as help is very expensive!). I just hope this guy knows Windows and Apple - my trip to the Genius Bar at the Apple store was useless - they had no idea what to do with the Windows side of the problem.

Once again - thank you for responding! I very much appreciate it! - ElizaJane

Jul 13, 2012 5:47 AM in response to Kelaukio

Sorry for the delay in responding but thank you Kelaukio. Although the fix/repair option alone did not do it (and it did not force me to reconfigure after that), doing fix/repair on the iCloud control panel followed by logging out the apple ID and logging back in, which is effectively a new setup seems to have done it. We're getting two-way sync now.

Thanks for your help.

Feb 13, 2013 6:48 PM in response to burnslake

I'm coming to the discussion a little late, but one thing I noticed was that the default calendar to which I was adding items on my iPhone was NOT the iCloud calendar, but the local iPhone calendar. Now, having edited the default calendar setting on the phone (Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/Default Calendar), and individually editing items on my device to update them to the proper calendar, things seem to be syncing up properly. I don't know when or how that setting was switched, because it used to be set for the iCloud calendar, but now it's all good again.

Jun 8, 2016 3:50 AM in response to Kelaukio

Thank you so much. I've had this several times now that incoming sync (from Outlook's perspective) stopped working for me for some unknown reason. Instead of uninstalling everything from the scratch the fix option in "Programs and Features" worked for me.

By the way: I did not log out from iCloud, simply "fixed" the installation, restarted my Windows 10 notebook and then Outlook two-way sync worked again.

2010 Outlook Syncing one way only (Out)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.