Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Open Directory Export in Lion Server Admin App include LDAP information?

I'm getting ready to migrate our company server to a new server box. I'm doing a complete clean install, and migrating specific information over (we had some corruptions from the initial installation Lion Server). All our users are in LDAP, not the Local directory, and I can't seem to figure out (and don't have the ability to test) if using the Ser Admin app's Archive feature of Open Directory, will include all LDAP information. My understanding is that if I create an archive and restore to it, then all of my users and there information will be put back like nothing happen, but can't get any clarification on it. Thanks!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 10:22 AM

Yep that's how it works. It restores your LDAP database, Password Server and Kerberos realm.

10 replies

Apr 20, 2012 10:34 AM in response to woz.was

No. Contacts and calendars aren't stored an in LDAP database. LDAP is only users, machines (and other things like printers, user groups...).

CalDAV and CardDAV data is stored in a PostgreSQL database called 'caldav'. You will need to dump your database and then restore it on your new server.

You might find this article useful: http://krypted.com/mac-os-x-server/nukepave-ical-server-in-lion-server/

Apr 20, 2012 11:37 AM in response to woz.was

Sure, here's exactly what you do. These instructions assume that you have a backup of your caldav database sitting on your desktop, and it's called 'caldav.sql'. If you have it in a different place then update your file path appropriately. All of the commands below assume sudo.

1. First, stop services that use the caldav database.

serveradmin stop calendar

serveradmin stop addressbook

2. Drop the caldav database from PostgreSQL

dropdb -U _postgres caldav

3. Recreate the the caldav database

calendarserver_bootstrap_database -v

4. Restore the database from your backup

psql -U _postgres -d caldav -f ~/Desktop/caldav.sql

5. restart services

serveradmin start calendar

serveradmin start addressbook

6. ???

7. Profit!

Does the Open Directory Export in Lion Server Admin App include LDAP information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.