Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not access few websites through TP-Link Router...

Hi all...

I am using this same router from atleast 6~7 months.. was working perfectly few days back though, but suddenly my ISP decided to (so called) upgrade there service... and since then i am not able to fully access few webpages... Youtube is not working... it shows broken links to the pictures and videos never load... Hotmail is not working... inbox opens but all the mails are scrambled... cannot open any mails... facebook is not showing pictures not even thumbnails...

User uploaded file

and many other sites have the same issue... i am connecting my router to the ISP through PPPoE using a Username and Password... now the fun part is all these websites are working perfectly through the same router on a Windows PC... through Wireless and even through hard wired... the prob is only with both of my Macs (Macbook-core2duo & Mac Pro)... with both the connecting options...

No thoughts left....

any sort of help is highly appreciated in advance...

chaos...

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 12:42 PM

Hi..

Try OpenDNS...

Use OpenDNS for better speed, more security, includes anti phishing filters, prevents browser redirects, blocks the Flashback Trojan, and it's free.

Open System Preferences / Preferences then select the Network tab. Click the Advanced tab then click the DNS tab.

Click +

Enter these addresses exactly as you see them here.

Click +

Then click OK.

Try Safari.

Apple suggests OpenDNS here > Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found

Note... when you post for help, pleasse tell us which Mac OS X is installed. Thanks 🙂

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2012 12:42 PM in response to tanxeel

Hi..

Try OpenDNS...

Use OpenDNS for better speed, more security, includes anti phishing filters, prevents browser redirects, blocks the Flashback Trojan, and it's free.

Open System Preferences / Preferences then select the Network tab. Click the Advanced tab then click the DNS tab.

Click +

Enter these addresses exactly as you see them here.

Click +

Then click OK.

Try Safari.

Apple suggests OpenDNS here > Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found

Note... when you post for help, pleasse tell us which Mac OS X is installed. Thanks 🙂

Apr 20, 2012 11:15 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hey Carolyn...

I have figured this opendns.com thing last night through the "More Like This" tab in the side bar... this thing really works... all the pages are working normally now and the speed is much better then before...

thnx for your concern...

regards...

p.s. i was having trouble with both 10.7.3 and 10.5.8 and even on my Nokia 5800

Apr 8, 2014 8:28 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thank you very much. I was having the same problem with my MacBook and your answer helped me out.

However I'm facing this problem with my iPhone, Galaxy, iPad; like some pages are scrambled, facebook is not showing pictures, Youtube app is not loading... blah blah blah. I guess there is a issue with the router. I'm using Tp-Link MR3420 router. Can you give me any solution?

Again Thank you very much

Can not access few websites through TP-Link Router...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.