Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical reminder colors

I am setting up reminders in iCal. I can set up different groups/lists of reminders. So I have one for taxes, one for cars..... However, from what I can tell iCal picks the color for each new reminder group I set up. And, some of the colors for different reminder groups are almost indistinguishable to my old eyes. I would like to be able to pick the colors so I could make them very distinct from each other. Otherwise if some of the colors look so close as to be the same, the group colors are not useful. Anyone know, is there a way for me to get to a color wheel when I set up a reminder group so I can adjust the colors to my liking? Thanks.

iCal-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 12:43 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2012 3:40 AM in response to whitesalmon133

To change the color of a reminder, you have to create the reminder in a calendar with the correct color. Ctrl-click the reminder in the "Reminders" tab and select a suitable calendar with the color you want.

To change the color of the calendar select it in the Calendar drop-down list, ctrl-click it to open "get info" and set a new color from the color chooser in the upper right corner of the "Info" panel.

Regards

Léonie

ctrl-click and "Get Info" to change the color also works, when you are creating the Reminder-list, see the screenshot below:

User uploaded file

ical reminder colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.