Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closed lid Mac keeps getting woken up by EHC2

Hello community !

My MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2GHz) started this several months ago : I close the lid to put it to sleep, but it randomly wakes up - sometimes several times an hour. The Apple logo lights up, the drive makes the 'wake up' sound, and just like that, it goes back to sleep.

I found the Terminal command syslog |grep -i "Wake reason", which lists all the times the Mac wakes up, along with the reason. I know that LID0 is the cover and UHC3 is the keyboard, but the mysterious ones are from EHC2 (with or without FRWR). Just last night, between 1:15 and 3:30, it woke up 29 times!

From what I read, this should be a USB (or Firewire) drive, but I don't have any attached... The Mac is connected via WiFi to an Airport Extreme (WITHOUT a USB drive), and is setup to NOT "Wake for Ethernet network access" (I don't have an Ethernet connection anyway). I recently deactivated Bluetooth connection, with no effect.

Could the fact that the Mac is always connected to the power adapter be the source of the problem? I just thought about this - will try to unplug it when putting the Mac to sleep..

Any ideas what might be the cause of this annoyance?

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 2:36 AM

Just use PleaseSleep to solve these problems. That's how I solved my wake-from-sleep problem. I think mine was from USB too, in my case a non-apple keyboard with usb ports. But I was never sure and I wasn't going to give up my keyboard. PleaseSleep attempts to force the system to obey the energy saver settings.

I am curious though about something. With the power adaper in, open Terminal (in Utilities) and type the following:

pmset -g

what does the line that says "sleep" say?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2012 2:36 AM in response to Goozak

Just use PleaseSleep to solve these problems. That's how I solved my wake-from-sleep problem. I think mine was from USB too, in my case a non-apple keyboard with usb ports. But I was never sure and I wasn't going to give up my keyboard. PleaseSleep attempts to force the system to obey the energy saver settings.

I am curious though about something. With the power adaper in, open Terminal (in Utilities) and type the following:

pmset -g

what does the line that says "sleep" say?

Closed lid Mac keeps getting woken up by EHC2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.