Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom in Permanently?

I have a lovely 27" display and Safari defaults to a very small font size and as my eyes need thicker reading glasses, "Command +" two or three times and it's the way I want it.

The problem is that I have to do this for every page. Some have suggested Prefs>Appearance>Select font/size but it does nothing! I want the page to zoom, not just the font. Using Univesal access zooms the whole screen not just the Safari page.

I've sent this in as a "bug" to apple. I don't think they have this on their priority list d;^D.....

I just tried calling and they don't even have Saturday hours at Apple"Care"! I guess all that cash in the bank can't be spent on hiring a weekend crew as they get more market share. (Was it OS7 or 6 that Apple had 24 hours support?) A few more jobs in North America Mumbai to help the economy!

Sorry about the dig: Apple, you make some good products and I've brought many PC users in but my guess is there is not a single user (stockholders excluded) that wouldn't like more suppport.

Any other ideas in the community, as we are now called?!

Thanks. David

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), i7 8G ram 1G HD

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 9:53 AM

10 replies

Apr 21, 2012 10:16 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks for the advice....this display has only 3 settings. One made everything bigger but soft edged not like " command +: one made it 4:3 aspect ratio.

As far a ranting goes, I've seen it in discussions before. I didn't know that there were community police here and Apple does read these on occaision...I've talked to AppleCare while they checked! I believe the more nudges Apple receives, the more likely change will come.

Apr 21, 2012 10:14 PM in response to TildeBee

thanks for the idea. I've already tried it and the problem is that when the font size as large as I need, it begins to overlap and crowd on a web page because the web page doesn't grow with the font size.

It looks like the "command +" is what I'll need to keep doing.

Thanks again for the try.

g4gone as well as the g5!

Apr 22, 2012 3:53 PM in response to g4going

🙂 You're welcome! Glad to have been of some help. Aftershocks relatively calm at the moment, thanks. (Which is good, because the most active centre is just off the coast to the east of us at the moment. They aren't especially damaging where we are, but a decent 4 from there sounds like the end of the world.)

Zoom in Permanently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.