Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noise reduction / adjust amplitude not available for mono tracks.

Hi,

If there is a better group or forum for the following questions, please let me know.

I am presently performing the sound editing and mix for a feature using version 3.0.1 of Soundtrack Pro. Though I am mixing using the surround feature, I have chosen to only use the center channel for dialog, and the front right and left speakers for everything else.

Furthermore, the picture editor (who is in a different state) sent me mono dialog tracks (he first sent me location and ADR on the same stereo track, which I could not separate for elimination or proper levels) and stereo tracks for the effects and score. The two problems I am running into are:

1. I am unable to access the noise reduction tools for any of the mono tracks. The individual stereo tracks allow me to do this. What appears to be going on? Is there a workaround?

2. Similarly, I am unable to access "adjust amplitude" under the same circumstances. Again, the stereo tracks are fine.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Andre

iMac 24" 2.8GHZ INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Optical Drive 065-6972 SuperDrive 8X(DVD+R DL/DVD+RW)

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 10:58 AM

There are no replies.

Noise reduction / adjust amplitude not available for mono tracks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.