Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make web page full screen on iMac 27"

I am using 27" imac i dont know how to make window tab full screen. I clicked on top left corner to do full screen and window was full screen but page is on centre of the screen and the sidebars were empty. If anybody knows the answer please reply.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 4:26 PM

Have you tried CMD+f keys?

6 replies

Apr 21, 2012 4:29 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes. Either drag the Safari window to the full size of your screen, OR

Instal Glims:

If you want to fix your Google search to a specific Google location, I recommend that you download and install the free plug-in Glims:

http://www.machangout.com/

which not only does that but much more equally useful stuff! (Such as automatically deleting Flash cookies, enabling Safari to run full-screen.)

(It adds items to Safari Preferences).

Not only does it already list a number of search engines and regions, but you can also add any other search engine not already listed in Glims by using the method described here:

http://www.machangout.com/tutorials/addsearchengine

Just enter the name you give the search engine in the name field, and the URL for it in the Query URL field.

Apr 21, 2012 4:34 PM in response to balvant24

You can make your web browser full screen but if the site your visiting doesn't support the full width of a display then the content will still be in the center with blank space left and right.

You can use CMD + and CMD - to increase the size of the content within the window but it's still the same content bigger.

Note that this site doesn't support a full screen on the 27"

Regards,

Captfred

How to make web page full screen on iMac 27"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.