Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parallels Desktop for Mac vs Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition

I have a 13 inch late 2011 Macbook pro. I will be upgrading the RAM to its max very soon.

First I have already install Windows 7 with Bootcamp.

I used the trials of both Parallels and VM Fusion to test how it runs with my needs. I have decided to use Parallels.

Now I got to the local Best Buy/Future Shop and I notice on the shelf Parallels Desktop for MAc for $79 and Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition for $99. What is the different between the 2?

The sales reps in the stores couldn't give me a straight answer. So I would like to know the difference between the 2.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 11:05 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2012 11:14 PM in response to rvicente80

Based on the descriptions it appears that the Switch version is for already existing windows PC users that want to convert to running under parallels on the mac (I guess it has the moral equivalent of a Migration Assistant). The other edition is just for someone who has no intention of transporting stuff from an existing windows setup to the mac.

Parallels Desktop for Mac vs Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.