Skip navigation

Reposition Playlist Title?

739 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 9:40 AM by Chris Waters1 RSS
1 2 Previous Next
David Cun Level 4 Level 4 (1,380 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 22, 2012 7:33 AM

I usually print using "text...black & white".  At any rate, the title always ends up at the extreme bottom right, almost out of the paper's edge.  EG after cropping (cutting with scissors) the printed p'list so it will fit in a jewel case, the song list is on one side and the title is on the other.  But, the title is at the bottom right, almost off the page.

Is there a way to resposition or move the title, so it perhaps is printed in the middle or top left?

• ed2345 Level 6 Level 6 (18,435 points)
    Apr 22, 2012 1:42 PM (in response to David Cun)

The "Print" options on iTunes are very simplistic, and do not allow editing.  You can pick from a few options, but there is no way to customize.

• Limnos Level 8 Level 8 (36,585 points)
    Apr 23, 2012 7:15 AM (in response to David Cun)

Be happy you can even burn CDs.  With Apple getting rid of iDVD and trimming down new Mac models by omitting optical drives altogether, it won't matter in a few years if you can't burn the jewel case covers to perfection.  The trend seems to be directed to who needs optical media when you are loading all your iTunes Store purchased music on your Apple brand multiple i-devices, preferably frrom your Mac computer?

Apr 23, 2012 1:51 PM (in response to David Cun)

Just hard to imagine millions of users printing jewel case playlists not complaining.  I'm pretty sure that's the case after spending about 10-15 mins searching Discussions and 'yahoo searching'.

David,

To the best of my recollection, the iTunes options for jewel case printing are exactly as they were 5 or 6 years ago.  I think the decrease in complaints over the years results from people everywhere gradually losing interest in burning CDs. 

There are of course 3rd party programs out there that allow much more flexibility and creativity in designing jewel case inserts.

• Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,395 points)
    Apr 23, 2012 2:01 PM (in response to David Cun)

David Cun wrote:

Just hard to imagine millions of users printing jewel case playlists not complaining.

Much, much harder to imagine "millions of users printing jewel case playlists" let alone that many complaining about it.

Apr 25, 2012 3:19 PM (in response to David Cun)

David,  If you like to reposition text (and fiddle with fonts and use artwork, etc), why not PowerPoint?   I have uploaded a couple of templates that have the guidelines in the master.  You can get them here.

Apr 25, 2012 3:24 PM (in response to David Cun)

Am I that old school?  I burn CDs for use in my vehicles and my boom box.  I also give some away to friends. 

David,

I once did an informal analysis of traffic on mix-CD enthusiast websites, and concluded that interest in custom-burned CDs peaked in 2003, and has had year-over-year declines ever since.  You can read the writeup on Zen Running Order. 

Of course there are still zillions of people enjoying it, just not as many as there used to be.

Apr 26, 2012 6:02 PM (in response to David Cun)

Now, how to get the p'list and title over to NeoOffice?

David,

Here is the way I do it (these are the Windows steps):  Open the iTunes playlist, and go into View > View Options and hide the columns you don't want for your cover.  Then CTRL-A, CTRL-C to copy to clipboard.   Now in Power Point, create a Text Box, and CTRL-V.  Edit/adjust as you wish.

I have also been known to create artwork in PowerPoint on that template, print it out, and then scotch tape the iTunes B&W printout to the back of it.

This all assumes that you feel comfortable with PowerPoint.  if not, you can investigate purpose-built CD cover design programs like this one:  http://www.easycoverdesign.com/

May 2, 2012 8:28 PM (in response to David Cun)

David, 

The templates do work fine in PowerPoint on a Mac.  Not sure what is the incompatibility with NeoOffice.

A web search will turn up several CD cover design programs that work on a Mac, although if it seems like overkill just to reposition a title, I sure can't disagree. 

As mentioned, if you want to use iTunes for the jewel case inserts, you are stuck with a few fixed, non-editable  designs, but that may be the least of the evils.

Ed

May 3, 2012 6:37 PM (in response to David Cun)

David,

Regarding the font size:  after you do the paste, click the text box and change the font size to 9 point (or 8, or 10, whatever fits your design).  Then it will look like the text box you want, which you can then edit, reshape, and reposition to your liking.

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.