Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone changed my security questions in AppleID. Help needed -chnaged password ,what else can I do? I dont know the security answers?

Hi,

received an email today saying that my Security questions in AppleID had been changed - I didnt do this, As I was suspicious I didnt click on return path included in email - went in externally and changed my password. However, obviously still cant answer security questions. Suspect now my account is compromised . Can somebody now alter my password & access my account without my knowldege or will I receive email verifications for any further changes.??

I'm a little worried,some help would be great.

Thanks.

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 9:37 AM

10 replies

Apr 22, 2012 7:36 PM in response to TOG

Hmmmm. Same thing happened to me. And 8 other people today according to the bottom right, near the Reply button, Either we've all been hacked, or Apple screwed up. Is there a Phone #? Apple is annoyingly hard to contact. I need to know if anyone charged anything to me. The link to send the reset questions to is not mine either. I clicked it, not sure if a hacker reset that email as well. Any ideas how to correct this??

Apr 23, 2012 7:16 AM in response to brian57

All sorted!!.

Daughter had downloaded an App' and the new security system asked her the questions which she answered!,( without anyone else knowing)

All part of Apples new security regarding App Store etc. As I've got 3 sub accounts running off mine, it was just bad luck that she was the first to be hit with it. Luckily she rembered the answers.

Would have been good to have had some warning off Apple that they were boosting their security though............

Apr 28, 2012 3:17 PM in response to Brady1408

Yes -Please someone help us reset the questions- does anyone know how? My 9 year old son downloaded an app and said he just typed a bunch of nonsense letters to answer the security questions, and of course can't remember what he typed!! Does anyone know how to reset them? And by the way, why all of a sudden are they asking security questions when an app is downloaded? Usually we just put in our password and that's it!

May 2, 2012 6:55 PM in response to TOG

Well, I got the same wonderful letter and called Apple nontech support because my computer is 4 years old so I'd have to pay Apple to tell them they messed up!

Fortunately on the 2nd call I got a Senior Adviser (first level folks know only basics so I usually ask for a manager or supervisor). In fact, I was told by 1st guy there were no managers, but then later he went to get someone and the phone went dead. Thankfully person 2 'Sterling' told me he would ask a Senior Adviser (so now I have another word to use for person above). I asked given this issues importance to talk directly to the Senior Adviser and was allowed.

Sterling (yes the adviser's name was the same as the tel answerer) said that Apple has been updating security questions, and from what he could tell, since I could log in that it was likely a glitch in their reworking security questions that caused this trouble. He got me into my account by asking other questions which hadn't changed (last 4 of credit card, address), and I got in with my old password.

So it could be a case of Apple messing up their own information. They are setting some security questions as standard and you have to choose to make your own if you want. They guessed my answers wrong by this theory. I am still not 100% as sure as Sterling is that it was an inside job, and will be careful to watch my American Express Card since it's tied to my account as my boys wanted small items at iTunes. May small not turn to big :-) So you may have to call Apple to get things reset. Hope this helps.

To get Sterling:

Thursday-Monday Sunday-Thursday 1:30pm-10:30pm CST. at 1-877-388-0879 ext. 41118.

Warmly, Yamasen

May 11, 2012 6:09 PM in response to TOG

Same stupid stuff is still going on as of May 11th. No warning from Apple...

A family member downloaded an App and unwittingly screwed up my security questions and the 'Send reset security info email to' address.

SO, now I'm stuck with a new security reset email address that is NOT mine and NO WAY to change it, my password, or security questions!!

I was able to change my Apple ID but If I want to change my security questions or reset my password via iforgot.apple.com or appleid.apple.com everything is sent to the wrong email address with no way to fix it.

As usual Apple's lack of common sense and foresight has left us stranded on '*** island' without a boat or paddle.

Here's some more news and questions from that special island that Apple sends us to:

• When verifying your new ID / email address they ask you to login but give you no way to logout.
  • Once logged into the My Apple ID website; if you click on any of the other tabs like Support, your login does not follow you to other areas where you need to login again.
  • On the My Apple ID web page: Addresses Tab / 'Update your addresses'; You change your primary address because you've moved, deleted your shipping address, then click on 'Add Shipping Address' to find a BLANK page... Come-on people! Everybody else pre-populates or gives the option to copy the primary information over to the shipping address fields... WHY CAN'T APPLE?
  • Another WHY CAN'T question: How is it that most everybody else except Apple can support iDevices visiting their websites by changing the content layouts to fit the smaller screens and resolutions?
    Apple's Answer: Make a New iPhone and iPad with higher resolutions than previous products and give it a nifty name like the Resolutionary Retina display.
  • The Internet browsing experience: Why do pages reload almost every time you come back to them without any way to change this behavior?
    Say you're filling out a web form and need to lookup some information from another app or web page tab, you return to see your page reload in horror as everything you were typing has now vanished.
    AWESOME Work Guys! No Way To Change Key Settings...
    That absolutely ruins the Apple Experience.

See, I told you so: No Follow Through due to Lack of common sense and foresight.

Apple only gets things half right and never seems to follow through in many key areas.

This is exactly how they torched the company before and why they had to bring Steve back to resurrect the company out of the ashes.

Now that he is gone for good... What will happen next is anyone's guess.

My prediction: Apple will eventually torch itself again from this blatant lack of insight.

Steve was an awesome visionary and pioneer.

Without him, Apple had better invest the money he made for them wisely.

Someone changed my security questions in AppleID. Help needed -chnaged password ,what else can I do? I dont know the security answers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.