Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I pinch-to-zoom in Safari, sometimes buttons become improperly displayed

Hey out there,

I have noticed an issue with Safari's Pinch-To-Zoom feature. When I zoom in on a website containing specific types of buttons, the buttons appear to become full of question marks or something, instead of the button. As far as I can tell, the types of buttons that do this are ones like "Login" buttons, and others.

Since I don't know how exaclty to word the description of the buttons, here are examples of them:

http://www.wikipedia.org/ (the home page)

When I go here, and zoom in, the buttons by the search input are distorted.

This is not specific to wikipedia, because it happens with other buttons like User uploaded file with the kind of glossy look in safari, that become looking like:

User uploaded file when I zoom in.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If so, is there any way to fix it?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Safari zoom cui bug

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 11:16 AM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2012 11:59 AM in response to xane256

Back up all data.

Boot from your recovery partition by holding down the key combination command-R at the startup chime. Release the keys when you see a gray screen with a spinning dial.

When the Recovery desktop appears, reinstall the Mac OS. You don't need to erase the boot volume, and you won't need your backup unless something goes wrong. If your Mac didn’t ship with Lion, you’ll need the Apple ID and password you used to upgrade, so make a note of those before you begin.

CUI CUI CUI error 10.7.3 all apps...: Apple Support Communities

Feb 19, 2013 7:20 PM in response to xane256

That's not very helpful, same as saying "turn it off and on"

I have the same issue with the address bar in safari, and I have to use the zoom feature all the time since I am on a TV screen via HDMI. I just got this computer yesterday, so reinstalling the OS is not a solution, and not something I would want to do anyway. I think the problem may be with Safari itself since I have not seen the problem yet in any of the other apps. Anyone know a solution?

When I pinch-to-zoom in Safari, sometimes buttons become improperly displayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.