Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

constant updating in Aperture

I have Aperture 3+ and plenty of RAM and space on drive = I just opened Aperture to work on some photos and noticed it was sluggish. Even if I just sat here and did nothing. I opened up Activity and it says - "Updating Library and it seems to be processing images in various albums in Aperture and with MobileMe - however, I do NOT have any such selected = I do not have MobileMe or Flickr selected to be processed or synched = I do not have PhotoStrea enabled.

I turned off the auto update for both MobileMe and Flickr months ago = and never did turn on PhotoStream. Watching the Activity window I think it's finishing up but I just don't want it to do it at all. Any thoughts??

MacPro, MBPro, MBAir & Aperture3, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPad and iPhone4

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 1:35 PM

User uploaded file

Victoria,

did you also remove your MobileMe account from the Web-Panel in the Aperture preferences? I found that after signing in to Mobile Me this was added automatically in Aperture again, after I had removed it previously.

If your account shows there, remove it; also uncheck: automatically check for published albums.

Regards

Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2012 1:35 PM in response to Victoria Herring

User uploaded file

Victoria,

did you also remove your MobileMe account from the Web-Panel in the Aperture preferences? I found that after signing in to Mobile Me this was added automatically in Aperture again, after I had removed it previously.

If your account shows there, remove it; also uncheck: automatically check for published albums.

Regards

Léonie

Apr 23, 2012 7:17 AM in response to léonie

I am turning off, deselecting/deleting MobileMe and there's a great feature that makes it much easier to do so [in terms of helping one's fear of losing photos!] - when you hit the delete button [ - ] it asks whether you want to lst import the photos into Aperture - I am sure they are dups but just in case they're not, I'm importing them - I can then delete them in Aperture - I'm moving from MobileMe anyway so it makes sense to do this ==

I do think it odd tho that the "autocheck" deselection wasn't enough in MobileMe but it was in Flickr = which doesn't constantly update [eyt] --- thanks for the help, I think it's working now.

constant updating in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.