Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail account continues to ask for password

My Mail application, on both my MacBook Pro (with Lion) and Power PC G5 (with Leopard) continues to periodically ask for the password for my Yahoo (set up as IMAP) account. My three other accounts, including iCloud, operate correctly. I do have the password saved in the account information under Preferences. What is going on with this account?

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 2:01 PM

9 replies

Apr 22, 2012 4:27 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks. I tried the Keychange update with no success.

The problem is happening on both Macs, so it likely isn't a keychain issue on one Mac.

The Mail message I receive is: "The Yahoo! IMAP server “imap.mail.yahoo.com” rejected the password for user [XXXXXX]."

I have separatelly tried logging into my Yahoo account, and do get in with no problem.

Other thoughts?

Apr 22, 2012 8:35 PM in response to BDAqua

Its curious. It would seem the problem is with the Yahoo servers. I used the link and reported an intermittent problem. I tried changing my Yahoo password. Subsequently, I received (in Mail) an email from Yahoo to my Yahoo address that my password had been changed. A little bit later, Mail again asked for my Yahoo password indicating the current one (I had already changed it in Mail) was incorrect. My Yahoo account has been on-line and then later off-line with a PW rejection. Oh well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I learn with each one.

Mail account continues to ask for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.