Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't zap the PRAM.

For some reason (and I'm going to assume this only occured after I hit "software upate" a few weeks back) I can no longer ZAP my PRAM. Tried everything (inclding unplugging peripherals and connected drives) but to no avail. I can NO LONGER zap my PRAM. Any ideas why this occured and how to resolve it?

Quad-Core Intel Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 2:32 PM

12 replies

Apr 22, 2012 5:15 PM in response to Klaus1

Nothing happens, it "bypasses" the PRAM chimes and goes right to the start up (account) screen as if it's not even registering the PRAM action. It USED to work previous to my system software upgrade (I'm assuming that update could be a reason behind this being problematic?) The keyboard is the same the Mac came with (the apple keyboard) so I know the issue can't be the keyboard. As I mentioned, the PRAM action just stopped working...

Apr 22, 2012 8:29 PM in response to Scott Mosher

The keyboard is the same the Mac came with (the apple keyboard) so I know the issue can't be the keyboard.

Means nothing that it's the original KB. One or more of those keys may have suddenly stopped working properly. But to pursue another line of thought, what was the update?

Why are you trying to do a PRAM reset? What's the symptom that's prompting that?

Can't zap the PRAM.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.