Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Glass Adhesive

I bought a used Macbook Pro A1286 (mid-2009) and after some time the glass bezel started to come off.

I made a research on the net and found some videos on Youtube that show how to remove the glass and so I did, no problems.

I had already ordered these some time before.

I removed the old adhesive strips, cleaned everything up and put the new ones in place.

The next day I find the glass coming off again.

Do you have any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

Does anyone know what kind of adhesive Apple uses?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 3:35 PM

Contact iFixit.com. They are experts in all of the MBP component minutia.

Ciao.

6 replies

May 15, 2012 2:59 PM in response to Teosickrider

It's a double-sided tape by 3M. It doesn't have a supportive film strip like the original one but it's pretty much the same I guess. Just keep it under pressure for at least 24 hours. I'm saying this because I didn't unmount the whole screen, I did the job with the screen on, and the only little part that's coming off again is the one that had little or no pressure. It's just where the Macbook Pro writing is, mainly because there's just a very thin strip of adhesive that can be applied in that point and because it's kinda tricky to keep that part under pressure if you don't unmount the whole screen.

I applied pressure to the other parts of the display with some paper clips, they work flawless!

Macbook Pro Glass Adhesive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.