Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Happened to my Widgets?

Most of my widgets are gone in Dashboard. How can I get the original ones back?

Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver 2002) Dual, Mac OS X (10.4.11), I also use MacOS 9.2.2

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 6:59 PM

Unfortunately, while you might be able to restore them from the original installer discs, they have been on life support since February last year. Apple's widget gallery has accepted no new entries since then. That makes the probability of their working indefinitely much smaller. In fact what is interesting you can make temporary widgets with Safari in 10.6 and 10.7, but they don't survive a reboot. I for one if I had more beta testing time would ask them to make it easy to make permanent widgets with Safari. Now that they appear abandoned from the regular developers I don't give much hope to it happening. You can always post feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2012 6:59 PM in response to Angel Llorente

Unfortunately, while you might be able to restore them from the original installer discs, they have been on life support since February last year. Apple's widget gallery has accepted no new entries since then. That makes the probability of their working indefinitely much smaller. In fact what is interesting you can make temporary widgets with Safari in 10.6 and 10.7, but they don't survive a reboot. I for one if I had more beta testing time would ask them to make it easy to make permanent widgets with Safari. Now that they appear abandoned from the regular developers I don't give much hope to it happening. You can always post feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback/

What Happened to my Widgets?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.