Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The i-word

Browsing the App Store on my iPad just now, I found the following apps:

It seems that the rules for the App Store differ considerably from those for the iBookstore.

Michi.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:41 PM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2012 4:49 PM in response to MichiHenning

Rules are rules - what's your point?

Nevermind, I'm sure it's just another childish little iRant against the big bad Apple.

You poor thing, not having any kind of freedom and having to follow someone else's rules and all....such a pickle. You could put together your own mobile device platform and worldwide ecosystem for your own app store - that would show them.

Too bad no one can get a book in the store, tho - that's a real shame...you should write a letter!

Hey, check your email.

Apr 23, 2012 12:45 AM in response to K T

K T wrote:

As I said in my original post, the rules for the App Store and the iBookstore appear to be different. Seeing that a number of people here have discussed publishing an app instead of a book, and seeing that a number of people here were affected by having "iBook" in their book, I thought that was noteworthy.

I have not been able to find any rule that would prohibit use of the word "iBook." If there were such a rule, it would be easy to abide by it, and the people who used "iBook" probably wouldn't have experienced the delays they did.

Too bad no one can get a book in the store, tho - that's a real shame...you should write a letter!

I don't understand why you say that no-one can get a book into the store. The link you posted shows that there are plenty of books.

Hey, check your email.

I cannot find any message from you in my inbox, and glancing through my spam folder, it doesn't look like any message from you is there either. Can you let me know the subject heading of the message so I can search for it please? Alternatively, just in case it got eaten by a spam filter, could you resend to michij.henning@gmail.com please? That address uses different spam filters.

Michi.

Apr 23, 2012 5:44 AM in response to K T

K T wrote:

Nevermind, I'm sure it's just another childish little iRant against the big bad Apple.

You poor thing, not having any kind of freedom and having to follow someone else's rules and all....such a pickle. You could put together your own mobile device platform and worldwide ecosystem for your own app store - that would show them.

Hey, check your email.

don't be such an a**hole

The i-word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.