Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone connects and disconnects repeatedly with Macbook Pro

As of this morning, everytime I connect my phone to my computer it rapidly connects and disconnects. After searching the web far and wide I've only come up with dead ends. Before today it worked fine, I don't think it's the cord because it works when i tried it with another computer and works when I charge my phone with the wall charger (which I'm forced to do now). Error messages have popped up like 0xE8000001 and 0XE8000065. If anyone could help that's be awesome.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, Macbook Pro 15inch

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 8:24 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2012 9:36 AM in response to brandon.march92

I had to restore the phone to factory settings. Turn it off (press & hold sleep/wake button) and then plug it it to your computer while pressing the home button. Even at that stage the phone might keep disconnecting and reconnecting occasionally. I acctually had to do it on a mac running 10.6.8. My laptop is on 10.7.3 and it would not stay connected long enought for the restore to finish. However, once it was done, my iphone was on 5.1.1 and working perfectly. Hope this helps.

My iPhone connects and disconnects repeatedly with Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.