Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting texts/SMSs from "Messages" on iPhone

I am looking to export a long list of messages from my iPhone to my computer to be saved for later viewing. I am wondering if anyone know how, or has had any experience of successfully doing so. Any pointers, or even just how to do it would be great!

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 1:52 AM

http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/index.php

12 replies

Oct 2, 2012 4:09 PM in response to TheBortman

You have to buy the program, and I believe it was $20. It is a flat rate for the appliaction, and does not charge per use. But be aware that it doesn't not support exporting iMessages, yet. I emailed them to ask and they said that they were working on a new version that would make this a capability for TouchCopy, but nothing yet.

Oct 31, 2013 12:39 PM in response to D4rqKnite

Here is a workaround that does not require third party software. If sent to an email address the text messages are combined into a basic txt file, so it's not aesthetic, and any pictures are attached separate from the txt file -- but it works and is instantaneous right from your phone's Messages app.

http://blog.michaelboman.org/2011/04/extracting-sms-from-iphone.html

Sep 18, 2015 8:30 PM in response to Watsonnewood

Watsonnewood wrote:

Believe it or not, there's an app for that!

The app SMS Export ($4.99) will allow you to export your SMS to the software on both your Mac and Windows.

You can make a back-up of your entire SMS-database or export the SMS-messages to your computer:

Thanks for you answer. I have the same problem. But i don't know this app. Anyone know more about this?

Exporting texts/SMSs from "Messages" on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.