Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sound not working

Not sure if my sound is broken om my MacBook Pro or not but nothing I do gets the sound back. Any suggestions? Test I can do to work out if it needs repair? can this be fixed by me? Thanks in advance ::-)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 1:18 AM

8 replies

Apr 23, 2012 2:53 PM in response to noondaywitch

Thanks for your help but I discovered the problem on my own. After preforming a PRam start and hearing the start up tone I figured my sound was OK just turned off some how. I went to preferences > Output and discovered the LogmeIn software I had updated the other day somehow high jacked my sound. I just switched it over to Internal Speakers and hey presto SOUND!! Yay! :-)

Dec 10, 2012 5:18 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

The App I purchased only gives me sound using the earphones. I've tried put the earphones in and out a few times but still only get sound with the earphones. It is funny though as I get sound when using other Apps. I'm a bit scared to put something down the earphone hole/plug in case I damage the ipad. Any other suggestions as I'm feeling very helpless and am very technically challenged.

sound not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.