Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not displaying certain messages

Mail is suddenly not displaying certain messages in mailboxes. I can see and select the message in the center pane, but when I click on it to display, I get the "Loading" text and the spinner. This continues without resolution, though sometimes the messages will display after quitting Mail and/or rebuilding the Mailbox.

It is not random messages that do this, but always the same ones that refuse to display. But they will display sometimes after a rebuild, so I know they aren't gone.

Some have image attachtments, others do not.

This just started this morning, following running Disk Utility to repair some HD corruption last night. Prior to that, Mail (and Safari) had been running very slowly for about three weeks.

I have already repaired permissions on this drive.

PowerBook G4 (1GHz/867 MHz), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 7:52 AM

2 replies

Mail not displaying certain messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.