Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble buying app on Snow Leopard

Hi,

I am trying to buy an app (Star Wars KOTOR) on the app store, and everytime I press the button buy, my pointer switches to a "loading" pointer (the rainbow turning disc thing) and nothing else happens.

Does anyone knows a solution ?

Thank you,

Alex

App Store-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 11:22 AM

I identified this as the famous spin wheel problem on the app store and tried absolutely everything:

-removing the files,

-dowload the 10.6.6

-log out, restart and re log

-create a new account

Nothing works wether it is a free app or something else.

What's very weird is that I was able to download an app two days ago

Please Help !

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2012 11:22 AM in response to AlexPFrance

I identified this as the famous spin wheel problem on the app store and tried absolutely everything:

-removing the files,

-dowload the 10.6.6

-log out, restart and re log

-create a new account

Nothing works wether it is a free app or something else.

What's very weird is that I was able to download an app two days ago

Please Help !

Apr 23, 2012 1:21 PM in response to AlexPFrance

Hi Alex ...

According to your profile in your first post you are running Snow Leopard v10.6.8 so downloading v10.6.6 won't work. The game's minimum requirements are v10.6.6 so it should run ok on v10.6.8.

Sometimes it's necessary to reinstall the App Store.

You can do this by installing the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo

It's ok to do this even though you are already running v10.6.8

Restart your Mac after installing the combo, then try downloading the app again.

If you still have problems downloading the app, contact the app developer here.

edited by: cs

Apr 23, 2012 1:30 PM in response to AlexPFrance

If you have anti virus software installed, disable that.

Try turning off the Firewall in System Preferences > Security

If you have an app called LIttle Snitch installed, that can prevent apps from downloading.

And how much free space on the startup disk?

Right or control click the MacintoshHD icon. Click Get Info. In the Get Info window you will see Capacity and Available. Make sure there's a minimum of 15% free disk space.

Apr 23, 2012 1:38 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thank you for your reply. I don't have any antivirus on and I don't have Little Snitch installed. I turned off the firewall.

Concerning my drive I have 83.46 GB available (out of 249.72) => 33.4 % free space.

And I was able to download three apps two days ago. Since then, All I did was to install an update for Application loader, which was downloaded via the software update of my macbook

Apr 23, 2012 2:07 PM in response to AlexPFrance

It's in your Applications folder but just moving the app to the trash doesn't remove all the associated files.

Use this utility > Download AppCleaner for Mac - Uninstall your apps easily. MacUpdate.com

Good to know the startup disk is ok. At least we can rule that out.

Reinstall the App Store using the update combo link I posted previously.

Trouble buying app on Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.