Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Formatting inconsistent

I have a simple table with a couple of date and some currency columns (it's a memebrship-dues tracking sheet).

It seems every time i open it (I've been trusting autosave, but i do not like it at all) the formatting gets lost - the dates are formatted differently within the same column, some of the currency figures resort to one or no decimal places (i had it formatted for two), and other funny things.

Why?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 11:51 AM

4 replies

Apr 23, 2012 12:11 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Numbers 09 v2.1 (436) - not too old and no auto-update seen

Problem is recent, and is only happening with this particular file (i did export it to Excel, but only work on the Numbers copy and re-export to send to the win users). With my budget, a much more sophisticated file, it doesn't seem to happen - this problem file is an original to me.

Thanks Jerry

Apr 23, 2012 12:20 PM in response to JohhnyO2

Johhny,

Just this week I had a problem with the format not sticking on a file imported from Excel here too. I was able to beat it into submission, but I don't recall the details. I think I had to delete the data, reformat and then reinstate the data. To not lose your data, you could try copying the column and pasting it to a blank area of the sheet, then delete the data in the column you copied from and reformat. Finally Copy the column you set aside and Paste and Match Style back into the main table.

Jerry

Formatting inconsistent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.